While attending the PAR program, I understand that I must:
- Attend and complete a 12 session program.
a. Attend consistently as attendance is mandatory. I further understand that absences are for crisis or emergency circumstances ONLY up to a MAXIMUM of two (2) absences which must be made up. Any additional absences will result in a DISCHARGE from the program. I further understand that missed sessions will extend the time it takes to complete the 12 sessions necessary to complete the program.
- Attend sessions on time.
- Keep the identity of all group members strictly confidential (in-person programming or virtual/Zoom).
- Not attend a session if under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Behave respectfully to all agency staff, students, volunteers, clients, and PAR program participants.
- Actively participate in PAR sessions and complete assignments.
- Not interfere with the safety check and supportive services offered to the person involved in my incident (victim) for the duration of my PAR programming.
- Notify the program if I abuse or assault my victim/partner or if I am charged with a new offence against my victim/partner while I am attending the PAR program.
- Notify the program at (519) 743-6071 x. 222 when I have a change in contact information.
- Pay my client fee as required at program intake.
I understand and agree to comply with the program expectations and that failure to do so may result in my withdrawal from the program and additional charges. I understand that information about my participation in the program or information that I have abused, assaulted or threatened my victim/partner, or breached a condition of my court order, will be reported to the Crown Attorney, Police or Probation and Parole, and to my victim/partner.
I further understand that:
- Personal information gathered by PAR program staff may be used by the PAR program or the Ministry of the Attorney General for research or program evaluation purposes. No information that could identify me will be included in any research or evaluation report.
- PAR program staff will notify the Children’s Aid Society if they suspect or believe that I have abused or neglected a child.
- If I say or do something that causes program staff to be concerned about my safety, or the safety of another person, PAR program staff will notify the person in question and/or the Crown Attorney, Police, Probation and Parole or other service providers.
- The Ministry of the Attorney General may review my information as part of a program compliance review.
If you agree to the program expectations, please click the “Next” icon below.